Risk Management Resources

A survivor can report to police, university, both or neither- any or no decision by the survivor is to be respected and supported.


For any questions, concerns, or additional support, please feel free to contact Sarah, the VP of Risk Management, at phc.risk@calgreeks.com.

Risk Management Resources: The Sparknotes

This graphic provides a quick overview of what each type of resource can provide. For more information, please refer to the subsections below.

Reporting Sexual Assault through the University

Email: ask_ophd@berkeley.edu | Phone: 510-643-7985 | Website: ophd.berkeley.edu

Contact the UC Berkeley Office for the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination (OPHD) to report a violation of campus policy involving sexual violence, sexual harassment, dating or domestic violence, stalking, and/or invasion of privacy (SVSH).

Reporting Sexual Assault through the Police


For emergencies on-campus, you can also call the University of California Police Department (UCPD) emergency line (510) 642-3333.

Overview of Reporting to Police

The police can document and investigate crimes involving SVSH, and with sufficient evidence they can present the case to the District Attorney to consider for prosecution. Persons convicted of crimes might be subject to court-ordered restrictions, fines and imprisonment.  Whether or not they choose to pursue a criminal investigation, survivors may be eligible for additional protections by applying to the Superior Court of California for a civil restraining order.

Reporting can be a complicated decision; survivors are encouraged to consult a confidential resource, such as the PATH to Care Center or BAWAR (510-845-7273), about reporting options and processes. Seeking support through PATH to Care does not trigger a report to law enforcement or the campus; a report will not be made unless the survivor chooses to do so. Survivors have the right to be accompanied by an advocate and/or an emotional support person during all stages of reporting and investigation.

Report to Law Enforcement and Request Prosecution

To report a crime involving sexual violence, sexual harassment, dating or domestic violence, stalking, and/or invasion of privacy (SVSH) that occurred on University property, contact the University of California Police Department (UCPD). 

UCPD provides public safety and law enforcement services on and near the Berkeley campus and its associated nearby properties. UCPD responds to emergencies and other calls for service 24/7, and documents and investigates crimes involving SVSH.  UCPD can also help coordinate investigations with other law enforcement agencies.

File a Criminal Report with Law Enforcement without Requesting Prosecution

In some cases, reports to law enforcement may be made for documentation purposes only. Ultimately, the decision to prosecute will be made by the District Attorney, although the cooperation of the victim is usually considered necessary.

University of California Police Department, Berkeley:

1 Sproul Hall | 24-hour non-emergency: 510-642-6760 | Website: ucpd.berkeley.edu

To report a crime involving SVSH that occurred somewhere else besides University property, contact the law enforcement agency with jurisdiction at that location.  Here are a few nearby police departments:

City of Berkeley Police Department

2100 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way | 24-hour non-emergency: 510-981-5900 | ci.berkeley.ca.us/police

City of Oakland Police Department

455 7th Street, Oakland | 24-hour non-emergency: 510-777-3333 | oaklandca.gov/departments/police

City of Albany Police Department

1000 San Pablo Ave., Albany | 24/7 non-emergency: 510-525-7300 | albanyca.org/departments/police-department

Reporting Sexual Assault or Another Risk-Related Incident through PHC






Reporting a risk-related incident to PHC allows the PHC Presidents to work to hold IFC chapters accountable and keep the womxn of the PHC community safe. Any reports made to PHC through a Chapter President or the VP of Risk Management are confidential and will not be reported to the University or Police unless a survivor explicitly indicates they would like the VP of Risk Management to help them in reporting through these channels. Incidents related to Alleged Incident(s) of SVSH, House Culture, Community Development, and Poor Risk Practices can be brought to PHC according to the procedures outlined in PHC Risk Bylaw Article IV § 10 § C.7. Reporting an incident to PHC can result in the removal of an IFC chapter from the PHC social calendar or can just be noted by the PHC President’s Roundtable. This process is very sensitive to the concerns and goals of the people reporting the incident. 


VP of Risk Management Sarah Fleming

phc.risk@calgreeks.com | 414-755-9481

Community Based Support: Greeks Against Sexual Assault (GASA) 

GASA provides community education through general prevention and has opt-in education modules on Consent Talks, Expected Gender Roles and Norms, Intimate Partner Violence (IPV), Medical Exams and Reporting, and Power Structures & Privilege. 

GASA also provides anonymous reimbursements for individuals who need financial assistance after having pursued medical assistance related to acts of sexual violence. 

GASA is a team of peer educators who are trained to provide members of this community general support. 

Greeks Against Sexual Assault Facebook Page

GASA Reimbursement Form 


PATH to Care Center

The PATH to Care Center is part of the Division of Student Affairs at UC Berkeley. 

For urgent support for sexual violence, sexual harassment, dating/domestic violence, and stalking call The 24/7 CARE Line at 510.643.2005.

"The PATH to Care Center provides affirming, empowering, and confidential support for survivors and those who have experienced gendered violence, including: sexual harassment, dating and intimate partner violence, sexual assault, stalking, and sexual exploitation. Confidential advocates bring a non-judgmental, caring approach to exploring all options, rights, and resources.

It is always the victim’s/survivor’s decision to pursue any of the available resources or to report an incident to the police or the university. We are here to support your decisions."


The PATH to Care Center can help provide support with Medical Care, Safety Planning and Safe Housing, Online Stalking and Safety, Financial and Basic Needs, Emotional Support and Counseling, Academic and Workplace Accommodations, Reporting Options, and Healing.

PATH to Care Center Website

For Medical Services:

The closest hospital with a trauma center is Highland Hospital, located at 1411 E. 31st St. in Oakland; medical examinations can be done here. 

Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, located at 2450 Ashby Ave, Berkeley, CA 94705, can provide blood/urine testing. 

The Tang Center, located at 2222 Bancroft Way #4300, Berkeley, CA 94720, provides social services and counseling. 


For Individuals in need of Substance Abuse Support:

Find a meeting for Alcoholics Anonymous in Berkeley: http://www.simeetings.com/LA/SFB/BerkeleyMtgs.html

Find a meeting for Narcotics Anonymous in Berkeley: http://www.naalamedacounty.org/meeting/city/Berkeley.html

University Health Services: https://uhs.berkeley.edu/insurance/ship-benefits/mental-health-substance-abuse



For Individuals in need of Domestic Violence/Substance Abuse Support:

National Domestic Violence Hotline:


Hotline: 800-799-7233

SAVE Hotline:


Hotline: 510-794-6055

A Safe Place:


Emergency Line: 510-536-7233

Services Line: 510-986-8600

Visit the LEAD Center's website to access resources for survivor support, bystander intervention, reporting conduct violations, University policies, and more. 

Reporting Options.png
Reporting to Police.png
Reporting to PHC.png